We had it all planned out, we would get pregnant in March/April (through the help of doctors), we would sell our house and buy and bigger one and I would go back to work in September. Then I would go out on maternity leave later in the year. Well, God had other plans. In the past we were NEVER able to conceive naturally, so clearly this was a miracle, a gift from the Lord.
So, how did we find out? Well, I had a feeling that something was different this month. I didn't feel quite right and yet it was familiar. So, I bought a home pregnancy test. Four days later I finally worked up the nerve to try it out. Two lines! I burst into tears. Luckily Benjamin and Jacob were napping so they didn't have to witness my crazy, emotional outburst. I instantly took a picture of the test and emailed it to Toby. I then waited anxiously by the phone for him to call. His shocked, but happy response was exactly was I needed to hear.
Once I talked to Toby and calmed down, I realized that I needed to call a doctor. I needed a blood test and prenatal vitamins. So, I called and went right over. They called me a few hours later and confirmed that I was pregnant and all was well. Yay!
When Toby got home from work we hugged, prayed and decided we had to tell our parents right away. We called them and invited them over for dinner. Before they arrived we put "Big Brother" shirts on both boys. Our moms arrived first and we waited for them to notice the shirts. Confusion, shock and joy came from them! Then the dads arrived, more confusion, shock and joy! We had a great night celebrating our surprise!
No comments:
Post a Comment