Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas was wonderful. I was so excited I could barely sleep. I woke up at 4:30 and never went back. I was so excited to see it through the boys eyes.

The boys got up at 7am. We brought them downstairs and gave them their pancake breakfast. Once they were done we all went out to the living room. The boys instantly started playing with the presents, throwing them around and laughing. We gave each of the boys one to open.

I was shocked at how well the opened the first present, less shocked when they ate the paper and even less shocked when they wanted to play with the new toy and not open anything else. :-) But, we helped them get through all of the gifts and they were so cute. They wanted to play, play, play!

We let them play for most of the morning and then put them down for their regular nap. We got ready, got the house set up for dinner and relaxed (for a little bit).

The boys got up around noon for lunch. They had chicken nuggets and grapes. Mommom showed up first. Mom and Dad came around 1 and the Martins came shortly after. The Martins gave the boys Cozy Coupes, little red cars, for Christmas. Ben was visibly excited. Each car was full of presents. Ben pulled all the gifts out and got in as fast as he possibly could. He was so so so excited!

The boys opened a few gifts and the adults exchanged presents as well. Dad went to get Mommom L and when they got back we did dinner. Everything was delicious! After dinner we cleaned up and finished opening gifts.

The boys played and played. They loved their cozy coupes, ball pit, bus with slide, shopping cart and many other toys.

Christmas was amazing. It is so great to see it through the eyes of a child. I love that next Christmas we will have 3 kids to enjoy it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment